Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Masjid, residential house gutted in midnight blaze at Sopore

0 comment

Waris Fayaz

Sopore, Oct 25 : A residential house and a Masjid were gutted in a midnight blaze in Sopore village of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, leaving three families homeless.

An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that a massive fire damaged a double-storey residential house while partial damage was reported to a local Masjid at Izzat Shah Colony in Sopore’s Tarzoo village.

He said two firemen identified as Ali Mohammad Reshi and Wajad Ahmad Dar also received minor injuries while dousing the flames.

The cause of fire is being ascertained, however, preliminary investigation reveals that the fire broke out due to a short circuit.

Meanwhile, the locals urged the government to provide assistance to the fire affected families so that they could heave a sigh of relief—(KNO)

Related Posts

Leave a Comment